Can you believe that everywhere is already starting to look a lot more Christmassy? I am a festive season junkie normally but this year my Christmas cheer has been put on hold a little due to a little thing called my wedding!!! However, I couldn’t but feel a little in the party mood when checking out Ted Baker’s amazing Royal Mint pop-up in Selfridges this week.
For the autumn/winter 2013, Ted has been inspired by ‘taking the scenic route’, so there was a travel theme throughout the catwalk show mixed in with lots of old school glamour, vibrant colours, elegance, dark floral prints, and the most incredible selection of coats.
I know it is hard to think autumn/winter and layering when the sun is shining outside but most of the retailers are starting to drop their new collections in store so I thought I would starting sharing some of the best collections.
The highlights at the Ted Baker show for me had to be the decadent geometric prints with matching jackets and trousers, the exquisite ‘hairy’ clutches, as well as all the dark moody florals. I have added a mini wishlist at the bottom of some of the pieces that have already rolled out online – I really love the dress with the scalloped detailing.
What do you think of Ted Baker’s autumn/winter 2013 collection?
Fancy shopping the AW13 collection? Well head on over to Ted Baker as the new collection has already started to roll out online – here are a few of my favourite pieces:
One of the biggest trends this summer has to be prints, whether it is the retro car print inspired by Prada, or the scarf trend seen on the catwalks at D&G, or even a splash of florals, zig-zags, animal or tribal prints, there are colourful prints for everyone this season.
How you wear it is totally up to you, be bold and work your print head-to-toe as seen as Proenza Schouler, or just go for a little print magic by working printed trousers with a pastel or white tee, or do it the other way round and wear a bold printed luxe t-shirt with skinny jeans. Or why not go for an extra dose of prints by following Sportsmax’s approach and go for clashing prints – trust me, not for the faint-hearted!!!
Want to try the trend? Well here are a few of my favourite picks:
From left to right:
ASOS – Skinny Trousers in Floral Print, £35
River Island – Purple Leopard Print Trousers, £30
Topshop – Moto Meadow Floral Print ‘Leigh’ Jeans, £40
Nelly – Astrum Pants, £40.95
1. Ted Baker – Kalla Printed Tunic, was £99 now £50
2. Nelly – Astrum Jacket, £50.95
3. New Look – Purple Tribal Stud Stitch Pumps, £17.99
4. Missguided – Kiah Aztec Print Shorts, £14.99
5. Warehouse – Tejal Scarf Print Pencil Skirt, was £45 now £30
6. Carven – Tribal Jacquard Clutch, was £340 now £237 from My-Wardrobe.com
7. ASOS – Umbrella Skirt in Vintage Floral Print, £45
8. Topshop – Water Swan Print Stud Wedges, £78
I love a good celebration, whether it is my birthday **hint, hint it’s this weekend**, a wedding, or an anniversary, so The Queen’s DIamond Jubilee is right up my street. Not only am I becoming a little bit of a royalist but I am loving that so many fashion brands have got behind the Union Jack, which if I do say so myself is by far the prettiest flag!!!
There are so many cool Jubilee-related items out there and I am loving places like Selfridges and Liberty’s that have put together dedicated Jubilee pop-ups and gorgeous window displays. It was hard narrowing down my choices for this special Jubilee shopping edit, but here are my 15 must-have/wishlist purchases:
1. Tatty Devine Crown Tiara, £66 exclusive to Selfridges – this is the perfect finishing touch to any Jubilee outfit.
3. House of Holland Tea Towel, £25 from Browns – leave it to Henry Holland to bring cheeky to the Jubilee – I love this slogan tea towel.
4. Ice-Watch Union Jack Watch, £75 – put together my new fav watch brand and a patriotic face and I am there!!!
5. Nails Inc Jubilee Crystal Colour, £15 – inspired by the Union Jack this is a fun nail varnish featuring red, blue and silver glitter, it also comes with a crystal cap and a patriotic British themed gift box.
6. Aspinal of London Jubilee Clutch, £595 – OK granted very pricey but very pretty, this clutch is limited to just 50 and each one is numbered. I love the studded Union Jack and the iconic queen’s head silhouetted in vibrant colours.
7. Topshop Corgi Shopper, £10 – well I couldn’t miss out including The Queen’s favourite dog now could I – plus if you are a little fed up of the red, white and blue colour-scheme this could be perfect for you.
8. Stella & Dot Elizabeth Bracelet, £26 – this bracelet is not only cute but 20% of the proceeds will go directly to The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
9. Simeon Farrar Great Britain Kitten T-shirt, £45 – I am a big fan of Simeon Farrar and this is the cutest Jubilee-inspired piece that I’ve seen a cool kitten with punk rock on his paws – seriously, what’s not to love!!!
10. Filofax Jack Vintage Personal Organiser, from £17 – want something patriotic and practical? Well this Filofax is perfect, comes in two sizes pocket or personal – I love the matt finish.
11. Pretty Ballerinas Commemorative Crown Slipper, £189 – love these suede slippers that pay tribute to The Queen with an elegant crown motif on the toes.
12. Maggie Angus Silver Queen’s Jubilee Crown Necklace, £20 – I have to admit I didn’t realise how pretty crown’s were until looking at all the Jubilee pieces, this quirky silver-mirrored acrylic necklace is fun. It also comes in gold but I think I prefer the silver.
14. Alexander McQueen Silk Chiffon Shell Patchwork ‘God Save McQueen’ Scarf, £445 – want to rebel a little against the monarchy? Well not work this Union Jack-printed McQueen scarf.
15. Barbie Collector Royal Wedding William and Catherine Doll Set, £66.19 – I am sad that The Queen doesn’t have her own Barbie, I would have loved to add that to my collection, but Mattel did do one to celebrate Will & Kate’s wedding. I felt at £99 it was a little pricey but not you save over £30 I think I might need to buy it.
Are you as excited as me for the Jubilee?