Do you love to experiment with your beauty products or do you have routine that you can’t seem to break from? I’m kind of stuck somewhere in the middle, I’m trying to embrace new things, which is why I thought I would share all my current favourites – from nail varnishes to moisturiser and even a crazy-looking brush.
I am going through a bit of a neon nail varnish phase at the moment, if like me you aren’t so sure about working the neon trend in your clothing, I find jazzing up my nails a great alternative.
This is part of the same Nails Inc collection that the neon orange Westbourne Grove shade is from that I wore a couple of weeks ago. I loved that one for its cheerful vibe that it gave me, however this neon pink once again named after an area of London, Notting Hill Gate (£11) is Barbie pink if ever I saw it and I love it.
Granted this neon pink shade isn’t for the faint hearted, it is very bright, or as my boyfriend said you can probably see your nails from space, but hey that’s why I loved it so much.
*Notting Hill Gate vanish c/o Nails Inc*
I love a good celebration, whether it is my birthday **hint, hint it’s this weekend**, a wedding, or an anniversary, so The Queen’s DIamond Jubilee is right up my street. Not only am I becoming a little bit of a royalist but I am loving that so many fashion brands have got behind the Union Jack, which if I do say so myself is by far the prettiest flag!!!
There are so many cool Jubilee-related items out there and I am loving places like Selfridges and Liberty’s that have put together dedicated Jubilee pop-ups and gorgeous window displays. It was hard narrowing down my choices for this special Jubilee shopping edit, but here are my 15 must-have/wishlist purchases:
1. Tatty Devine Crown Tiara, £66 exclusive to Selfridges – this is the perfect finishing touch to any Jubilee outfit.
3. House of Holland Tea Towel, £25 from Browns – leave it to Henry Holland to bring cheeky to the Jubilee – I love this slogan tea towel.
4. Ice-Watch Union Jack Watch, £75 – put together my new fav watch brand and a patriotic face and I am there!!!
5. Nails Inc Jubilee Crystal Colour, £15 – inspired by the Union Jack this is a fun nail varnish featuring red, blue and silver glitter, it also comes with a crystal cap and a patriotic British themed gift box.
6. Aspinal of London Jubilee Clutch, £595 – OK granted very pricey but very pretty, this clutch is limited to just 50 and each one is numbered. I love the studded Union Jack and the iconic queen’s head silhouetted in vibrant colours.
7. Topshop Corgi Shopper, £10 – well I couldn’t miss out including The Queen’s favourite dog now could I – plus if you are a little fed up of the red, white and blue colour-scheme this could be perfect for you.
8. Stella & Dot Elizabeth Bracelet, £26 – this bracelet is not only cute but 20% of the proceeds will go directly to The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
9. Simeon Farrar Great Britain Kitten T-shirt, £45 – I am a big fan of Simeon Farrar and this is the cutest Jubilee-inspired piece that I’ve seen a cool kitten with punk rock on his paws – seriously, what’s not to love!!!
10. Filofax Jack Vintage Personal Organiser, from £17 – want something patriotic and practical? Well this Filofax is perfect, comes in two sizes pocket or personal – I love the matt finish.
11. Pretty Ballerinas Commemorative Crown Slipper, £189 – love these suede slippers that pay tribute to The Queen with an elegant crown motif on the toes.
12. Maggie Angus Silver Queen’s Jubilee Crown Necklace, £20 – I have to admit I didn’t realise how pretty crown’s were until looking at all the Jubilee pieces, this quirky silver-mirrored acrylic necklace is fun. It also comes in gold but I think I prefer the silver.
14. Alexander McQueen Silk Chiffon Shell Patchwork ‘God Save McQueen’ Scarf, £445 – want to rebel a little against the monarchy? Well not work this Union Jack-printed McQueen scarf.
15. Barbie Collector Royal Wedding William and Catherine Doll Set, £66.19 – I am sad that The Queen doesn’t have her own Barbie, I would have loved to add that to my collection, but Mattel did do one to celebrate Will & Kate’s wedding. I felt at £99 it was a little pricey but not you save over £30 I think I might need to buy it.
Are you as excited as me for the Jubilee?
Have you ever wished you could personalise your favourite nail varnish? Well Nails Inc have answered your prays with their ‘Couture’ service where you can create your very own personalised nail polish, choosing the cap, colour, packaging and even the name of the polish itself, which of course meant at the Nails Inc press day I had to make my very own ‘Fashionista Barbie’ shade!!!
Through a simple app on the Nails Inc website you go through four steps:
1. Choose your cap – bejewelled, studded or just plain silver
2. Pick your colour – everything from pink to sparkly polish, there are nearly 90 to choose from
3. Name your varnish – you have 12 characters per line so make it count
4. Jazz up your packing – choose the stickers to adorn your ‘Couture’ packaging, there is everything from Happy Birthday to I heart Nails Inc
For £20 I think this makes a great gift especially if you have any nail polish addict friends. I love my Fashionista Barbie shade that came in the post, which if anyone wants to know is just the neon Nottinghill Gate polish, but I do feel like it is extra special with my blog name on it.
**Thanks Nails Inc for sending me my very own Fashionista Barbie shade!!!**