I always find getting my winter coat one of the most stressful shopping experiences, that is after finding the most perfect pair of jeans – but I have tracked down some beauties in the January sales. From the classic duffle coat, which is my new favourite – I quite like the Paddington Bear look, to another classic the Pea Coat that was seen on the runways at Stella McCartney and YSL. I have also added in some bright coats to brighten up any winter morning, as well as some chic two-tone coats perfect for office.
If you are after a classic, while still being a little quirky you can’t go too wrong with a duffle coat – these are my top three duffles:
1. Lands’ End, Wool Duffle, £110 down from £180, Landsend.co.uk
2. Uniqlo, Wool Duffle, £39.90 down from £89, Uniqlo.com
3. Vicky Smith, Women’s Winter Duffle Coat, £39.99 down from £59.99, Amazon.co.uk
Everyone needs to have a colourful coat in their wardrobe. How about this gorgeous blue maxi from Reiss or the cute 60s dolly coat from Oasis – there is so much choice this season.
1. Oasis, 60s Dolly Coat, £35 was £45, Oasis-Stores.com – I just adore this pastel colour, the swing silhouette and that adorable Princess collar and large buttons.
2. Reiss, Belted Raglan Sleeve Sapphire Coat, £195 was £345, Reissonline.com
3. Wallis, Pink 1923 Fur Trim Mohair Coat, £75 was £150, Wallis.co.uk – brighten up your winter days with this gorgeous coat that has been spotted on Daybreak presenter Kate Garraway.
4. Warehouse, Mustard coat, £35 was £45, Warehouse.co.uk
For a shorter coat style the Pea Coat is a perfect solution. I have selected some varying styles from faux fur collars to a boxy shape – as well as something a little colourful. All will look perfect dressed down with jeans – my favourite has to be the Tartan print from ASOS.
1. ASOS, Tartan Pea Coat With Faux Fur Collar, £34 down from £85, ASOS.com
2. Dorothy Perkins, Red Short Pea Coat, £35 down from £45, DorothyPerkins.com
3. Dorothy Perkins, Fur Collar Boxy Pea Coat, £40 down from £59, DorothyPerkins.com
4. New Look, Collarless Pea Coat, £18 down from £44.99, NewLook.com
Two-tone and monochrome coats seem to be around every year but the two I have chosen will look amazing for the office or a smart function.
1. Debenhams, Principles by Ben de Lisi, Black Colour Block Coat, £89.10 was £99, Debenhams.com
2. French Connection, Colour Block Wonderland Coat, £97.50 was £195, FrenchConnection.com - you can’t go wrong with a military coat mixed in with a retro two-tone vibe.