When it comes to sale shopping my approach is to see which items in my many wishlists that I have scattered across online retailers and on my secret Pinterest boards have been reduced in price. For me, this means I originally liked the piece but felt I couldn’t afford it at the time, but a reduction in price always makes them seem more favourable or tells me that I have to remove it straight away as I will never want to wear it. There is one except to the sale shopping rule, bags, I feel you can never have too many, and when they are reduced in price it means you are getting a bargain. One of my favourite bag brands has to be the Cambridge Satchel Company, not only is founder Julie the nicest person ever, but their bags really are of amazing quality and have that timeless look that means they won’t go out of fashion.
I know you guys are also fans, after you went crazy for my latest beauty on Instagram stories before Christmas, so I thought I would help you guys out with my top picks from their amazing sale, as there are so many great styles that will look good in any wardrobe. What I love about bags from Cambridge Satchel Company is that the styles really are timeless yet still fun, they do colour pops, muted hues, and striking patterns, while still keeping the silhouettes we love them for. Basically what I’m saying is that I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love bags from here, and who doesn’t love a bag that is in the sale.
The 10 bags I need from the Cambridge Satchel Company sale
1 & 2. The amazing Mini Tassel Bag, this is a beauty of a bag, perfect for a night out or to team with a tote, I do love the whole two-bag look. There are number of colours on sale, but my picks have to be – the French Grey, down from £80 to £48, bargain, and the fun Gold Star Haze Print, was £90 now only £54, and get this one quick as this is the sort of finish that once it has gone, it has gone.
3. This is actually one of the bags I’ve been crushing over, the Small Conductors Bag, super cute and the perfect throw-on-and-go bags. The peach pink patent style is now only £65, down from £130.
4. The Poppy is what I call the hero style of the moment at Cambridge Satchel Company, I truly love my larger one and now my mini has become my go-to bag, so snap up this cute Mini Poppy Bag in peach pink patent saffiano beauty quick as it is now £66, down from £110.
5. After a classic, check out the Push Lock in patent black croc leather, simple and elegant, and now only £57.
6. The most expensive bag on my sale picks is this Cloud Backpack, I love that you can wear it with a long strap, over the shoulder, cross body or as a backpack, so basically this is great value, and in the textured grain leather it really is a gorgeous bag. Grab in the crimson grain for £132, down from £220, now that’s a bargain.
7. After something a little different, you can’t go wrong with this medium Push Lock in a black deco print, which is now less than £50 at £47. Wonder what the print is – it is inspired on the arches at Kings College.
8. A bag you will want to wear all the time has to be this navy grain Small Cloud Bag, it really is a great classic colour, I do love navy, and it is now half price, £75 down from £150.
9. Missing a metallic bag in your wardobe? Well, look no further as this medium Push Lock in silver borderline is the perfect addition, down from £95 to £47.
10. My final sale pick, but don’t worry this is a beauty, is the Tassel Bag in a gorgeous crimson hue. Seriously, red has been having a moment lately and this bag is the perfect pop of colour for any look. Now only £65, down from £130.
Also, don’t forget you can also emboss nearly anything at Cambridge Satchel, including sale purchases, so you can give your timeless bag a personal touch.
[Pics: Cambridge Satchel Company]