You might think this sounds weird considering I have a thing for Barbie, but pink isn’t actually my favourite colour, I like it sure, but love, not so much, well that was until lately. I think over the past few months I’ve actually bought more pink items than anything else. I don’t know why the sudden change of heart, but I’ve just really been drawn to the hue, from dusky pale to vibrant pinks and everything in between. But having all this pink in my wardrobe has its issues, as the other half of my clothes are generally black, black, black with a little colour, or black, so I thought why not paired them together and see how I get on, and I love it.
There’s something about wearing pink with black, it kind of calms down the girly vibes, and I think that’s why this look works so well, I also think the cool backdrop at Dungeness helps. Even though I shot this on such a cold and windy day I still love the pics, as my crazy hair just keeps this look real and fun, and a reminder that not everything has to be Instagram-perfect for it still to be a great picture. Something I have to keep telling myself lately.
My favourite item from this look has to be this cosy jumper, I snapped it up in the Mango sale, it was only £15 and I will be wearing this throughout winter as well. I sized up so I can slink it down over my shoulders a little, I just think it adds a little something to the look and those bows on the cuffs just makes it so fun and cute. It also goes perfectly with this denim skirt from Glamorous, it came with the badges already on, but that is such an easy DIY if you have a skirt you want to revamp.
A few wearing pink tips
- Not ready for all-over pink, why not add a pink accessory, a handbag, a pair of shoes or even just a cute pair of sunglasses
- Not a fan of pink with black, try navy for a cute girly look
- Want to wear pink to the office, go for blush pink, still cute but professional
- Invest in a great pink winter coat, trust me it will cheer up the cold weather
- Don’t shy away with wearing pink with another bold colour, I love it paired with purple
- If in doubt, one pink item every wardrobe needs is a cute cosy sweater
How do you like to wear pink?
My Pink Style: Glamorous – Denim Skirt // Mango – Pink Jumper // Primark – Pink PomPom Shoes // Kate Spade – Straw Bag // Boden – Sunglasses //
[Photos taken by Sylvia Sparkles]