It seems that the statement piece this autumn isn’t an expensive designer bag, or a pair of shoes, or even something outrageously difficult to wear, it is instead the blazer. Yep, you probably already have a few in your wardrobe, well it is time to crack them out, as it seems that everyone has gone a little crazy for a blazer, whether its a classic check, a statement hue like pink or yellow, or even a block neutral from grey to camel, you can’t seem to go wrong this autumn.
For me, I love a blazer a little oversized, I just find it sits better, and I still can’t believe that I found this one in Primark, yep, its a Primark bargain, only £20, and worth every penny, I have worn it a lot since I bought it. What has always held me back from wearing a blazer has been the fit, I have three or four in my wardrobe that are either too short, a cropped blazer on me looks awful, they are too tight around the arms, you know when you can’t move your arms higher than your waist, or they just fall wrong, making them super unflattering. This is why I can’t stress to you enough, get out there and try some on, as everything from fabric, cut, and even brand can make a huge difference to how the blazer looks on you.
Blazer Style Tips:
- Don’t overthink it – a slogan tee, and a great pair of jeans is all you’ll need to rock your blazer
- Want a fashion forward look – go for an oversized double breasted style, button up, wear with skinny jeans and slouchy boots, and do you best fashion blogger pose!!!
- Why not add a matching pair of trousers or even a skirt and go for the suit look
- For a smarter look, pair your blazer with a sleek pair of tailored trousers in a similar shade, for instance this blazer would look great with a light grey pair of trousers
- Style your blazer over your hoodie for a layered and cool look
- Want to nip in your waist, why not use a skinny belt to create a tailored look
How do you wear your blazers?
My Style: Primark – Checked Blazer // Tu at Sainsbury’s – Red Pipped Girlfriend Jeans // One Love Manchester – Tee // Zara – Red Bag // Emu Australia – Pioneer Boots in Charcoal (c/o) //
Want more blazer inspiration? Head over to my Pinterest board: Styling| Blazers