It’s this cross-over period in the weather, it isn’t warm or cold that I start to evaluate my spring wardrobe, what I would like to add, what I can get rid of, and what I would love to wear if the weather just made up its mind and stayed sunny.
There are four things on my hit list at the moment: shirt dress, I’m kind of obsessed with adding them to my saved items in Asos; retro button denim skirt, as if I need another denim skirt in my wardrobe; lace flats, I know everyone has them, and I want them as well; and a bomber jacket, well you’re probably going to need to keep the chill away as knowing our weather the sun isn’t always going to have its hat on!!!
1. Top of my hit list has to be this ASOS stripe maxi shirt dress, I love that you can dress it up with a fab pair of shoes and accessories for a night out, or down with a cool pair of white trainers for daytime attire, plus you can’t go wrong with a bit of monochrome.
2. Bold and fun is perfect for a shirt dress and I love this leaf print from Topshop, as it only buttons to the waist and it really nips in nicely for a flattering cut. Wear with thick strap sandals, bold coloured trainers, or just some cool flip flops.
3. Floral prints are always a great idea, especially when they are from Boden, and this printed shirt dress is super relaxed and cute. I love the print, the drawstring waist, as well as the cute collar. This beauty will work for work as well as a relaxed weekend look.
1. After a bargain as you already have a wardrobe full of denim skirts then check out this beauty from Forever 21 it is only £14. I love the pocket detailing on the front.
2. I think this Topshop denim midi skirt is the closest you are going to find like the Stella McCartney design that has everyone going retro denim crazy without the price tag.
3. Prefer your denim skirt to just graze your knee? Then this ‘Polly’ a-line button through from Asos is perfect, plus I love the darker shade perfect for the office and can be easily dressed up and down.
1. I’ve actually just bought these black lace up pointed pumps from New Look, I tried to resist, I know everyone has them, but they really are one of the best Aquazzura copies out there and when they are priced at only £22.99 they are a real bargain.
2. After more of a ballet shoe that has a lace tie around the ankle then these Office beauties are perfect. They look really chic on and work perfectly with dresses and cropped trousers, these would make a great alternative for the wedding season.
3. Want a touch of colour? Then check out the Boden ‘Lillie’ lace ups, they come in navy, orange and even silver and because they are suede they might be a little more comfortable than say the New Look version.
1. This Boden ‘Sophia’ jacket is a beauty, it comes in two coloured Marrakech prints, the navy seen here, which I adore, and an ivory version, I kind of feel like I need both as they will work with near enough anything – jeans, dresses, denim shorts, you name it this jacket will see you through spring and summer.
2. This is a bit of a smarter option, the Tommy Hilfiger ‘Maisley’ lightweight bomber, especially nice if you are looking for something that is work appropriate, and who doesn’t love a touch of animal print.
3. This is my bargain pick, it is only £18 – a steal from Missguided, who really do have some great on-trend items. I love this floral print, it is bold and fun, while still working with my need to wear black even during summer.