I am such a lover of fragrances, I really do love how certain smells bring back memories, so when it came to my wedding day I knew that I wanted a wedding scent, something special and romantic, and ideally a fragrance that would conjure up memories of my wedding day for years to come.
Quite a hard task for a scent, especially as I wanted something new and I seem to have added a lot to my collection over the years. I asked a lot of my friends what they did on their wedding day and quite a few just used their favourite scent rather than a new one, but I do love the idea of a fragrance that represents the joy, happiness and love of a wedding day.
There are lots of gorgeous options out there, from the classic Christian Dior J’adore, the fun Dolce & Gabbana Dolce, as well as the sweet Marc Jacobs Lola, and the romantic Carven Le Parfum, which is my current go-to scent. I also loved Stella McCartney, Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Giorgio Armani Code, and you have to try Oscar de la Renta’s Something Blue, which can be your scent as well as your something blue.
In the end, it was a hard choice but I think I have found a winner in Chloé, I just fell in love with its romantic rose scent, as well as the hint of peonies and lychee. It just has an effortless chic about it, simply yet still sexy and luxurious, and as soon as I tried it I knew it was the one. The fact that the bottle is exquisite just made it even easier to commit. I really can’t wait to wear this beautiful scent on my wedding day.
I kind of stumbled upon my wedding scent, after trying nearly ever fragrance in the store, so to make it a little easier for you I spoke to the experts at The Perfume Shop for the top tips on selecting the ultimate scent:
- Perfume is individual, each scent is different to different people. As a conductor of our senses, everyone’s skin reacts differently to others! It is, therefore, important to spray the perfume on your skin rather than on a blotter and leave it to settle.
- Everyone wants their perfume to be long-lasting and whilst EDP last longer on the skin than EDT, consider layering with body lines such as lotions and shower gels.
- EDP gives a stronger scent so is perfect for evening occasions whilst an EDT is great for everyday use where it will be sprayed multiple times throughout the day.
- There are other pulse points than just your wrists and neck. Try spraying behind the knees, the ears or in the hollow of your arms.
- As winter approaches it is important to remember that scents vary from season to season. Scent does not usually last as long in cooler months as the skin is not as hydrated. Opt for a heavier scent during the winter.
Good luck on finding your wedding scent and leave me a message below with what you went for.
I can’t believe I get married in 4 days!!!