What a busy week, first proper week back at work, my first event of 2013, and award season well and truly kicked off. We’ve had the People’s Choice Awards, the National Board of Review Awards Gala in New York, the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, as well as the Oscar 2013 nominations – and then there has been all the prep for the Golden Globe Awards which take place on Sunday. Red carpet has kind of taken over my life, which is what I love about the turn of the year!!!
Ted’s Finishing School:
As I said I went to my first event of the year, which is always the first event I go to, the Ted Baker away day where they invite a few bloggers to see their spring/summer 2013 collection. Each season the venue is incredible and this year was no different, with the theme Ted’ Finishing School, the catwalk space looked more like a theatre and we were all ready to be schooled. It was a fun show, and lots of lovely pieces will be rolling out soon in the shops. Plus we were treated to not one, but two Britain’s Next Top Model winners walking the show, as well as Ella from X Factor singing us a little tune!!!
I took a little video on my HTC One X of Ella singing to the final looks of the show, sound quality not amazing but you can see how great it all looked.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt saves Anne Hathaway from a wardrobe malfunction at the Critics’ Choice Awards [E! Online]
- Kerry Washington ends her promo tour for ‘Django Unchained’ in a gorgeous Giles gown at the London premiere [Red Carpet Fashion Awards]
- Beyoncé shows off her incredible body in a teeny-tiny t-shirt and bikini bottoms for GQ [Coco’s Tea Party]
- Apparently it was Marc Jacobs’ shrink that convincing him to turn down the Dior job [Fashionista]
- Lady Gaga addresses Kelly Osbourne in an open letter where she says that hre work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another” [Lady Gaga]
- Designer drugs – check out these Chanel, Hermès, Louis Vuitton or YSL pills by LA artist Desire Obtain Cherish [Alex Loves]
- Wow, Katie Holmes looks amazing in her first Bobbi Brown ad campaign – I want her hair!!! [The Fash Pack]
- I am a huge Fashion Foie Gras fan not only is it the only place to go for fashion news but it also has stories like this about a handbag shaped museum – yes really [Fashion Foie Gras]
Each week I give you pieces/trends I am craving and at the moment I can’t stop looking for pencil skirts and these three from ASOS, Topshop and River Island are perfect and won’t break the bank.
I didn’t get a chance to check out London Collections: Men, which took place this week showcasing the very best in menswear, but I heard such great things about the street style and I love this video from Handpicked Media.