I have been thinking for a while about doing a fashion fix, rounding up the big stories of the week, recapping some posts on Fashionista Barbie you might have missed, as well as cute pieces I have spied while shopping, as well as offering inspiration ahead of the weekend. The start of a new year seem like the perfect time to introduce it – so here is the debut Fashionista Barbie Fashion Fix – enjoy and do let me know what you think by leaving me a comment below.
It may only be January 4 but already it has been a busy one for the fashion and entertainment world with the news that Kim Kardashian is pregnant, I am sure magazines are already bidding for a naked cover, the new spring campaigns, the gorgeous pre-fall collections, and the news that Louis Smith might be launching his own clothing line – see him looking dashing in the video at the bottom.
Lots have been released this week from Mulberry’s water-coloured ads featuring the gorgeous Meghan Collison, Raf Simons first Dior campaign – more surreal than flashy, and Kate Moss makes her Givenchy debut. One of my favourites still has to be Versace’s post apocalyptic glamour that was unveiled before Christmas.
- Coco’s Tea Party recommends Sad Desk Salad by Jessica Grose – a book that centres around a blogger – I can’t wait to read [Coco’s Tea Party]
- Check out the debut jewellery collection from footwear designer to the stars Brian Atwood – inspired of course by stilettos [She Finds]
- What do you get when you combine Pokémon with high fashion campaigns? Well, pure and simple, do the Hear’Say finger pose, brilliance [Daily Beast]
- I already have Kate Moss and Rihanna in paper doll form and I totally have to add these gorgeous Louis Vuitton styles as illustrated by Kerrie Hess [Fashion Foie Gras]
- February magazine covers have been taken over by actresses – which star gets your vote – Jennifer, Emma, Scarlett, Anne or Kristen? [Fashionista Barbie]
- Looking for someone new to follow on Twitter? Well apparently Nicolas Ghesquière now tweets! [Fashionista]
- Prefer Manga than Pokémon? Well you are going to love Gucci’s new windows by Japanese Manga artist Hirohiko Araki [Telegraph.co.uk]
- I have fallen in love with another handbag, the Proenza Schouler PS13 top-handle bag and it is all Kate Bosworths fault [Red Carpet Fashion Awards]
- Hands up – who only became interested in Celebrity Big Brother when Heidi & Spencer were sent to the basement? [US Weekly]
I know everyone is all about sales and bargains – but if you are after adding a little fun into your life why not pick up a pair of roller boots from Topshop. Yep, Topshop is selling old-school skates, and I so want a pair. Don’t fancy breaking a bone, why not settle for a cool piece of jewellery – I love Me & Zena’s purse friendly roller boot – but I adore Lauren Grace’s winged beauty.
1. Moxi Pink Roller Skates, £210, Topshop // 2. Me & Zena Roller Girl Skate Necklace, £18 // 3. Lauren Grace Silver Winged Roller Derby Skate Necklace, £115.
Celebrating menswear ahead of London Collections: Men the London College of Fashion has produced a series of short films that will debut throughout the month. The first in the series is Strictly champion Louis Smith who discusses his style, wardrobe essentials, and plans for his own fashion line.
One of my favourite exhibitions from last year was the V&A’s Ballgown exhibit, if you haven’t been to see it yet you only have until Sunday, January 6 – it is well worth a visit.