Batman and Spider-Man have not only taken blockbuster success this summer at the cinema, but it seems that fashion has taken note and been inspired, as comic book and pop art-inspired pieces have started hitting the shops.
For me it all began with 3.1 Phillip Lim’s stunning pre-fall 2012 collection filled with graphic prints, including that incredible Break Up PVC pouch that has caught ever fashion editor’s attention. From there Lazy Oaf designed a batman collection, Zoe Karssen added some bat-appeal to her t-shirts, and even the king of fun jumpers Markus Lupfer added comic book lingo to his uber-cool signature sparkles, and it seems everyone has produced a cat ear headband in honour of our favourite female superhero/villian, Catwoman.
There are so many cool comic book pieces that it was hard to choose just 15, but I have brought you my favourites below:
1. Lazy Oaf x Batman – Crop Shirt In Bat Print, £60 at ASOS
2. Zoe Karssen – Heavenly Pink Bat Tee, £60 at Donna Ida
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim – The Break Up PVC and Leather pouch, £345 at Net-a-Porter.com
4. Lulu Guinness – Black Kooky Cat Lily Tote, £50
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim – Ka-Pow T-Shirt, £160 at Matches
6. ASOS Cat Ears Lace Headband, £8
7. Markus Lupfer – Ka-Pow! Sequin Jumper, £300 at My-Wardrobe.com
8. Maison Michel – Yoko Embellished Cat Ears Headband, £660 at Net-a-Porter.com
9. Model’s Own WAH Nail Wraps Pow, £7
10. ASOS – Cat Face Jumper, £32
11. Markus Lupfer – Black Cat Sequin Jumper, £299 at My-Wardrobe.com
12. Lazy Oaf Batman Backpack, £55 at ASOS
13. ASOS Premium Spider Jewel & Spike Necklace, was £50 now £37.50
14. Wonder Woman Converse, £50 exclusive to Schuh
What do you think of the Superhero trend – will you be working any of the pieces above? I think the ASOS cat jumper might have to be my first purchase – so cute and very similar to the Markus Lupfer one.