Sneakers, hi-tops or trainers, whatever you want to call these casual flats you are going to see a lot more of them this year. Designers including Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang, Chloe and Miu Miu have introduced them into their sports luxe inspired collections with sparkling results that have led to very long waiting lists. Don’t get me wrong I love a statement heel but sometimes a comfortable flat is just what you’re after, if you are fed up with brogues and ballet pumps then I suggest you try out an old-school sneaker!!
1. Miu Miu, Patent-leather high-top sneakers, £325, Net-a-Porter.com
4. Ash, Cool wedge coral suede trainer, £139, Ashfootwear.co.uk
5. Chloé, Suede, leather and ayers high-top sneakers, £365, Net-a-Porter.com
6. Lanvin, Diamond-print canvas and leather high-top sneakers, £430, Net-a-Porter.com
7. Michael Michael Kors, Black MK City High Top, £110, My-Wardrobe.com
8. Isabel Marant, Willow High-Top Sneakers come in Beige Noir and Black Blue, they are currently out of stock everywhere, but I hear that they are hitting stores again in February.
9. Be&D, Big City Sneaker, £85, Beandd.com
What to wear with your sneakers with? Well why not team with a chunky sweater dress or with your skinny jeans and a statement blouse, or why not add a sport-luxe vibe to your maxi skirt or dress. Seriously there are so many possibilities.
Still unsure, well it seems that hi-tops are the latest celebrity ‘It’ shoe with the likes of Alicia Keys, Emma Watson and Anne Hathaway spotted in the covetable Isabel Marant styles. For the more affordable price I love the Ash copies – they come in a number of colourways but these red ones really stand out – also the hidden wedge means that you still get the height!!!