I have quite a haul of Christmas movies, I just love the festive cheer, the soundtracks, and the happy endings that always make me cry uncontrollably. With the Xmas24 channel I have been watching Christmas movies since December 1, I can’t help it I am a sucker for Christmas romance, a jolly man in a red suit, and seeing all the decorations.
This morning I took down all *well some* of my festive films from the DVD shelf to decide on today’s marathon and thought I would share a few of my favourite Christmas movies.
1. Miracle on 34th Street (1994) – Normally I would always say go for the original but there is something about this remake of Miracle on 34th Street that I just adore – maybe it is the cute kid or that Richard Attenborough makes a great Father Christmas. All I can say is that I Believe!!!
2. White Christmas – It really isn’t Christmas without a least one screening of Irving Berlin’s White Christmas. I must know all the words and songs off by heart but that is what makes this musical one of my favourites. Come on you know you want to sing along as well – “I’mmmm Dreaming of a, White Christmas!”
3. Eve’s Christmas – One that you might not be as familiar with but one of my favourites is Eve’s Christmas starring Clueless actress Elisa Donovan, who is in a lot of Christmas movies I love *12 Wishes of Christmas, The Dog Who Saved Christmas + lots of sequels, and A Golden Christmas* but this is her best. Who doesn’t wish they could have a do-over and each year I definitely wish on the Christmas star.
4. The Santa Clause – Didn’t everyone wish that their dad was Santa after seeing this for the first time? The sequels aren’t as good as the first one, but I do love watching them all back-to-back. Also who would have thought that Tim Allen would make a great Santa.
5. Call Me Claus – Another one you might not know, I do love an American TV movie, but come on Whoopi Goldberg as Santa – what’s not to love!!!
I also can’t wait to watch – It’s A Wonderful Life- even though it makes me cry, Love Actually, Jack Frost – another tear jerker, Home Alone – just the first one, Elf, Scrooged – the Bill Murray version as the Ghost of Christmas Present cracks me up every time, Christmas With The Kranks, The Bishop’s Wife – Cary Grant as an angel, The Holiday – as I want to be Cameron Diaz, His and Her Christmas, and don’t forget a bit of action to your Christmas viewing with Die Hard – all together now “Yippie kay-yay motherfucker!”.
So what’s your favourite Christmas movie?